I spent some time doing a dive into finding glimmers amongst the hellscape of grief before. Now I’m trying, hoping to find glimmers in the midst of the ongoing political landscape, continued health challenges, sometimes loneliness, school, friendships, and the world in general. It doesn’t always work out that it makes my day any more agreeable, but it surely doesn’t hurt. Here are a few I’ve found both routinely and some that are just plain random.
- Always kids. Nails, shoes, sparkles, notes, pictures, selfies. The number of times I get shown the new new of a kid would blow your mind. I keep needing to record my mornings because it’s mind altering the number of kids I greet, talk to, hug, and marvel over. It never ends and it’s always a joy.
- Spring blooms: daffodils (jonquils to my dear Grannie), redbud trees (my favorite), cherry blossoms, tulip trees. I love every part of spring. Even the great pollening that is imminent. It’s the season of hope.
- Sunrises. Now that the time sprung forward, I see all the sunrises while driving to work. I love every single one.
- Freshly painted toesies. Yes. Toesies. Mine are pepto pink and make me giddy because sandals every day all day time is coming soon.
- Corn dogs. Last week Troy suggested sonic for Friday night Aurora Sue date night. I love a corn dog more than most. It was absolutely amazing.
- The countryside of Buckingham. I got to ride the roads with Jessica Saturday. I miss the country so fucking bad. The twisty roads, farms, cows, endless fields, clear skies, visible stars. All of it is so reminiscent of my childhood. I miss it.
- Candles that smell like cookies and croissants. The end. They’re life changing.
- The end of the school day visitors. I keep my door open in the afternoon. Even when my head is throbbing after a day with my baby angels, I keep it open to see the stragglers. The ones trading books in the library. The car riders who need “one more hug”. The kids who need a minute of time to feel special and connected. I love loving on those babies. And I learn so much about them. Have I said lately I love being the fun auntie of APS?
- Birds. I saw a heron this morning. I heard a northern flicker the other day. I’m dying to head to the beach and see shorebirds. And I think I’ll venture to Ivy Creek soon to bird watch a little bit.
These are just a few glimmers from the past couple weeks. It’s always good to reflect on what has brought you joy. Sometimes you forget when you’re sad, anxious, lonely, or otherwise feeling like shit. You remember that although gas is more expensive now than it has been in forever, that you’ve had a headache you can’t kick and fatigue that never quits, that this world and mine in particular isn’t all bad. Not all roses, but definitely not all bad.
I hope you can reflect on your glimmers my beautiful loves. Trust that warm weather and my infamous sparkle skirt will return sooner than you think.
Love you. Mean it. šš
No comments:
Post a Comment